Emily and Melanie are embroiled with their technology this week:
The Death of the English Language?–
Is internet/text slang (tech-speak) destroying English as we know it, or is it part of a natural progression toward more efficient communication?
U decide who’s rite: Melanie Embracing Change or Crotchety Hoverboard Granny Em.
Google Shopping– Melanie sounds off on the degradation of Google Shopping. What’s worse– that Google Shopping replaced natural search results with paid ones, or the terrible excuse they’ve given for doing so? Why Etsy sellers and small businesses will lose.
The Notorious Apple Maps– Not since Antennagate has Apple made such a blunder in user experience. Get ready for a lot of u-turns.
Tips on Tap:
1. iPhone Texting Shortcuts
2. VoterHub – voter information and social network website and app
3. Gmail tip: Send mail as multiple non-Gmail email accounts without the pesky “On Behalf Of” giveaway.
- Google’s New Maps App for iPhone Won’t Come for Months [REPORT]
- Etsy Bets Big on Google Shopping Ahead of Relaunch
- Google Commerce Blog: Building a better shopping experience
- When To Use Tech-Speak—And When Not To
- Apple Without Steve Jobs: The First Year Only Tells Us So Much
New theme music by Alex Sokol. Thanks, Sokol!
The Digital Dive Podcast is on Stitcher, the best free podcast streaming smartphone app. If you’re a new subscriber, please sign up with our link below.