Voice Marketing definition:
Voice Marketing is the strategies and tactics used to reach your target audience through voice-enabled devices powered by AI assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri. It includes sonic branding, recorded audio content such as podcasts and Flash Briefing, and voice search optimization (VSO). An evolution of SEO, voice search marketing or VSO involves the strategies by which brands optimize their content to be found through spoken searches.
Read more at beetlemoment.com
Voice Marketing matters for your business because consumers are shifting from text and typing interfaces to voice first ones, where natural human language is the dominant modality.
Fact: Smart speakers are the fastest growing consumer technology of all time.
Customers Don’t Like Friction
Amazon reported that Alexa voice shopping more than tripled during the 2018 holiday season. We can expect the trend to continue. Why? Speaking is convenient and universal. It’s accessible for all ages and skill levels. There is no barrier to entry.
The writing is on the wall.
This means that an increasing amount of interaction with technology will move from typing on screens to speaking to voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Voice interactions will happen on smart devices, smart phones, wearables, hearables, and smart home appliances from TVs to thermostats.
Voice will become the dominant medium and interface for search, shopping, and content.
6 Powerful Stats about Voice Search Marketing:
- 30% of searches will be screenless by 2020 (Gartner)
- 41% of U.S. adults use voice search daily (Wordstream)
- In 2019: the total voice searching user base among U.S. adults is 42.7% (via Voicebot)
- 20% of the total number of Google searches on mobile are voice (as of 2016, Search Engine Land)
- 55% of households are expected to own smart speaker devices by 2022 (OC&C Strategy Consultants)
6. Voice searches can happen on any voice-enabled device, including the smartphone, on which Alpine.ai reports 1 billion voice searches per month (2018).
Thanks to the growing popularity of hearables and voice powered devices like Apple AirPods, Echo Buds, Google Home, and Amazon Echo, voice-first interactions will become ubiquitous.
Having a voice marketing strategy is a must for any brand to stay relevant.